Product Approval and Label Validation are two important parts of the Food Safety Management System, ensuring Compliance with FSSAI [Food Safety and Standards Authority of India].
Food Safety Management Plan with complete documentation and a standard operational process in line is essential for Business to be FSSAI Compliant.
Key Factors for FSSAI Compliance
Product Approval Validation (PAV) :
It is a process by which any novel ingredient(s) or additive(s) not prescribed in the act/regulation can be approved by FSSAI. An FBO needs to get his product approved before licensing procedure and release into the market.
Label Validation (LV) :
Label Validation means ensuring the information and the format of the product’s label are accurate and complies with the FSSAI regulations. This maintains complete transparency with respect to the product information, helping consumers make the informed purchase.
6 Key Elements To Check If Your Product Requires A Product Approval Or Not?
FSSAI Label Validation is Essential For
- Maintaining transparency between Vendors and Consumers.
- Uniformity across Information on different products.
- Ease in Import and Export.
- Consumer Health and Safety.
- Quick Transactional Process.
- Brand Equity & Credibility.
- Accurate Display of Information.
- Least damage to the Company.
- Bringing a product with novel ingredient/additive into the Indian Food Market.
- Easy and Streamlined entry of the Product.
- Prevention of Product Recall
- Understanding the Nature and Ingredients of the Food.
Assumption & Realization
Misconception & Problems :
- FSSAI Product Approval is misconceived as a complicated and lengthy process involving sensitive documentation.
- Food, which is exported, does not require FSSAI Label Validation.
The Facts :
- There is no specific timeline to get the FSSAI Product Approval.
- Comparing items using the food label can help us choose the best value for our health.
Results & Solutions :
- Getting an FSSAI Produvt Approval helps smooth functioning process and easy imports.
- FSSAI Label Validation displays complete product information, enabling transparency and Informed Purchase.